Check Out Affordable Activities to do with Your Child!
- Brooklyn Children's Museum: Free Thursdays, 2–6pm.
- Children's Museum of Manhattan: Free every first Friday of the month, 5–8pm.
- Museum of the Moving Image: Free for kids under 3 and free Fridays, 4–8pm.
- New York Hall of Science: Free Fridays, 2–5pm, and Sundays, 10–11am.
- Queens County Farm Museum: Grounds free daily (check to see if a ticketed public event is occurring).
- Waterfront Museum and Showboat Barge: Free Thursdays, 4–8pm, and Saturdays, 1–5pm.
- Children’s Museum of the Arts: Pay As You Wish Hours Thursdays from 4-6 PM
- DiMenna Children's Museum at the New York Historical Society: Pay As You Wish Fridays from 6-8pm
Zoos and Gardens
- Bronx Zoo : Suggested donation on Wednesdays.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: Free weekdays November 1–February 28; free Tuesdays all day and Saturdays, 10am–noon, March 1–October 31.
- New York Botanical Garden: Grounds only: Free Wednesdays, 10am–6pm, and Saturdays, 9–10am. Note that you'll still need to pay admission to access the areas that generally appeal most to families, including the children's garden and the conservatory.
- Queens Botanical Garden: Free November 1–March 30; free Wednesdays, 3–6pm, and Sundays, 4–6pm, April 1–October 31.
- New York Aquarium: Admission on fall/winter/spring Fridays from 3:00–3:30 p.m. and on summer Fridays from 4:00–5:00 p.m. is by pay-what-you-wish donation