Here at P.S. 160, we stress the importance of service. In that spirit, students give and receive. We participate in many charity programs throughout the year.
- We received The Service in Schools Award for the second year in a row. As a result, our school was awarded $1,000 to honor our community service efforts.
- P.S. 160 is also proud to participate in Relay for Life, raising money for the American Cancer Association. Last year we were able to raise over $27,000. We were the number one school for fundraising in our entire district.
- We collect pennies from all over the community for Common Cents Penny Harvest. Last year we collected over $2,000. Below is a list of charities/organizations the Student Council and Mrs. Fox voted to donate the money to:
Francesco Loccisano Memorial Foundation $225
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation $225
American Children's Society Inc. $225
The Ty Louise Campbell Foundation $225
Make a Wish Foundation $225
American Recreational Military Service $225
Alley Pond Environmental Center $225
- Last year we proudly donated 1,870 pounds of food to City Harvest.
- We also maintain a relationship with The American Cancer Society and raise funds for The Susan G. Komen Foundation during the month of October and on "Denim & Pink Day."
P.S. 160 enjoys collaborations with several community-based organizations, including the Brooklyn Chinese-American Association, Maimonides Hospital, the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, and NY Cares. Our school participates in the annual Ragamuffin Parade as well as the 8th Avenue Chinese New Year Parade.
These partnerships have afforded students the opportunity to receive an extended day, homework help, enrichment and recreational activities.